Here is a sampling of some of the testimonials we’ve received from NCIHC Members in our most recent Member Survey, and via e-mail from NCIHC members.
What Members Are Saying...
About the NCIHC in General
About the NCIHC Listserv
About the People
About the NCIHC in General…
"Being a NCIHC member has broadened my perspective on the matters associated with our field of expertise. I have had the opportunity to learn about processes put in place at institutions similar to the one I have the great honor to work for and, of course, I have had the opportunity to do quite a bit of networking, which is vital for anyone wanting to stay up-to-date with our field..."
- "... thank you and NCIHC for the superb ground work which you have done and continue to do. Your efforts have paved a road where there was before just chaos and confusion for the role of professional interpreters in this country."
- "For the record, I have found NCIHC to be one of the most responsive organizations that I belong to, not just in terms of the willingness to help with the logistical stuff, but with its high degree of commitment to addressing the policy issues that underlie language services. The quality of educational offerings & networking opportunites is excellent. I might have given up on working as an interpreter altogether (and it is a part-time role for me) if not for NCIHC."
- “I think that it is important to have a space for LEP advocacy/interpreter issues to be discussed and NCIHC has provided that. I also think that NCIHC is, to date, the most important force in making health care interpreting a real profession, with its publication on not just a Code of Ethics, but also the Standards of Practice.”
- “NCIHC is clearly the premier national organization leading the fight for language access in health care.”
Back to top
About the NCIHC Listserv…
- "Our NCIHC list[serv] is a very good place to exchange ideas, experiences, reports and everything related to our fast-growing field of medical interpreting."
- “Great discussion forum! Addresses advocacy & policy issues that underlie practice of profession from a justice perspective!!!! This is one of the best groups that I belong too, great to make the virtual acquaintance of so many committed folks.”
- “The listserv is an excellent resource and I LOVE IT! I rely heavily on it and appreciate when others post questions, even if they seem simple. I like that there are so many levels of experience represented; it makes someone who is relatively new to the field feel very welcome.”
- “I'm really happy with the organization and I've also appreciated the diplomatic and professional responses in times of tension on the listserv. I think you are doing a great job!”
- “I like the List Serv best. I have used it and it's been a great help for finding information and allows me to 'pick at others' brains.' This helps me improve my skills and keep abreast of current information and techniques. I like that people offer links to other education web sites where I can find books and access to vocabulary-building sites.”
- “As an interpreter, [I like] the opportunity to learn about the concerns and ideas not just of other interpreters, but of other parties in the field.
- "...this listserv has been extremely beneficial to me for exchanging ideas and hearing how other interpreters and coordinators across the nation deal with situations that we all come across in our jobs. Since its hard to connect with others with similar jobs locally, I find the feedback from this group extremely helpful."
Back to top
About the People…
- “A great team of hard-working colleagues who are committed to a worthy cause. I am proud of belonging to this organization.”
- “For the most part, I find that NCIHC members are dedicated professionals who are seriously working to increase accessibility of quality health care for non-English speaking patients.”
- “The commitment and dedication of its board and supporting members without whom it would be a much more difficult field to comprehend.”
- “Knowing that there's a very dedicated group of people who are working hard to improve a particular area of immigrants' access to health care."
- “The enthusiasm and dedication of the membership and concern for establishing a mechanism for assuring excellence in the field.”
Back to top
Do you have a testimonial to share?
Or, do you have feedback of any kind for the NCIHC? If so, we always love to hear from you – send us your thoughts!